Rodah Methvin Merryman
Rodah Methvin, was born about 1812 in Madison County, Alabama, to Levi Methvin and his first wife. She married Isaac Merryman (Merriman) and the family moved to Crawford County, Arkansas.
The 1840 Crawford Co., Ark. census has them listed on page 98 as Isaac Merriman, 1male under 5, 1 male 5-10, 1 male 20-30, 1 female under 5, 1 female 20-30.
The family moved to Johnson County, Arkansas prior to 1850
The family moved to Yellville, Marion County, Arkansas prior to the 1860 census.
Isaac Merryman Sr. enlisted March 11, 1862 in Co. E., 27th Arkansas Infantry from Marion Co., at age 57. He was a private along with sons, Levi age 23 and Jeremiah age 23. Isaac Sr. was discharged July 22, 1862. Jeremiah was a POW and was paroled June 18, 1862 in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Children of Isaac and Rhoda Methvin Merryman/Merriman
1) John Merriman, born about 1833.
2) Martha E. Merriman, born about 1835.
3) Jeremiah Merriman, born about 1840 in Arkansas
4) William M. Merriman, born about 1843 in Arkansas
5) Elizabeth (Polly), born about 1846 in Arkansas
6) Amanda Alabama Merriman, born about 1848 in Arkansas.
Isaac Jr., is not listed with the family in the 1850 and 1860 census records, unless he is John. There was an Isaac Merryman who married Nancy Crage on March 21, 1867 in Independence, Arkansas.